As the controller of your personal data, we do everything possible to protect your privacy and ensure the security of the personal data you entrust to us. We attach great importance to the processing of your data and the confidentiality of your information.
All operations on your personal data are carried out in compliance with European regulation n° 2016/679 on data protection.
1. What personal data are collected ?
The notion of ‘personal data’ refers to any information that directly or indirectly identifies a natural person by reference to a customer number or one or more elements specific to that person (surname, first name, date of birth, etc.).
When Capitole Finance-Tofinso collects your personal data, it is collected in a fair and transparent manner through the presence of information notices, consent forms (checkboxes) or references to this policy. Once you have given your consent, you can withdraw it at any time.
Capitole Finance-Tofinso collects the data that you voluntarily declare to it in the following cases:
- When you decide to contact a professional by phone or email, or when you request an online quote via the site's tools, we collect information (i.e. your surname, first name, date of birth, nationality, email address, telephone number) to which Capitole Finance-Tofinso associates a stakeholder reference and a file number. This information is required to process your request. Otherwise, your request may not be processed or its processing may be delayed.
- When you log into your customer area, we collect your Title, Last Name, First Name, Email Address, Password and Phone Number. This information is mandatory. Otherwise, Capitole Finance-Tofinso will not be able to process your request for a customer area.
- If you subscribe to the newsletter, you are voluntarily giving us your email address in order to receive an offer or a new feature on the site. When collecting your email and sending our messages, we shall offer you the chance to unsubscribe at any time via a link on each of our messages.
- As a recipient, we may collect information when you visit the pages of our social networks (Viadeo, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram). The personal data that you leave on our pages and accounts of these social networks are collected by Capitole Finance-Tofinso in order to carry out loyalty actions, studies, analyses, surveys and sales promotions. Publications, opinions and comments on products, services, content or sites may be saved and used. To learn more about protecting your personal data when browsing these social networks, we invite you to consult their respective privacy policies.
Information on financing
Information related to financing shall give rise to an express agreement that personal data shall be explicitly collected and used. Financing offers are subject to these special conditions and are dependent in all cases on the approval of the application by Capitole Finance-Tofinso. In the event of payment irregularities, your information may be entered in a file accessible by all financial institutions.
2. For what purposes are your personal data used ?
All of the information that you provide to Capitole Finance-Tofinso is necessary for the purpose of its processing and respects the fundamental rights and freedoms of current or prospective clients.
We use the personal data you choose to provide us with in order to provide you with information about our products and services, make appointments, make commercial proposals, prepare a financing file, establish a contractual relationship, process the delivery of materials and define payment terms. The data are exclusively intended for Capitole Finance-Tofinso or the members of its commercial network.
The data will be processed in paper, automated and telematic formats, and in particular by post or e-mail, by telephone (including SMS, MMS, etc.), by fax and by any other electronic means (website or applications).
Your personal data are necessary to allow you to access and use our services.
The purposes of the information collected in our online forms are as follows:
- to carry out operations relating to the commercial relationship (management, study of the financing file, deliveries, activating lease-purchase contracts, etc.)
- to propose offers adapted to your choices
- to send our communications
- to personalise our communication to you, especially when sending emails
- to carry out operations relating to business development
- to carry out commercial events operations
- to carry out statistical studies and marketing operations
- to manage requests for the exercise of rights
- to manage unpaid debts and litigation.
The processing of personal data of prospective clients, current clients or partners is authorised for the purpose of establishing, executing or terminating a contract. This also includes the follow-up of the contractual supplier insofar as this follow-up is related to the purpose of the contract.
3. What information do we share with third parties ?
Capitole Finance-Tofinso may transmit the information collected for intended and lawful purposes to its network's approved partners and subcontractors (Groupe BPCE, Caisse d'Epargne Midi-Pyrénées) as well as, where applicable, third party organisations such as service providers providing delivery services.
Personal data may be shared with third party companies in the following cases:
- When processing the financing application and its annexes, Capitole Finance-Tofinso is in contact with third-party banking, financial and insurance companies with which it has concluded agreements.
- Capitole Finance-Tofinso uses service providers for digitisation and archiving, including IT service providers. The latter have limited access to the user's data in the context of the performance of these services and have a contractual obligation to use them in accordance with the provisions of the applicable regulations on the protection of personal data.
- If required by regulations, Capitole Finance-Tofinso may transmit data to legal authorities to pursue claims against it and comply with administrative and judicial procedures.
All of your personal data collected by Capitole Finance-Tofinso are strictly confidential. The institution will never share your personal data with any third party who may use it for commercial and/or direct advertising purposes without your express consent. Our employees and business contributors are required to respect the confidentiality of the data they process.
The institution may be required to securely transfer to third parties certain personal data that are necessary, in particular, for the operation of your financing file, the running and maintenance of our site, to ensure the performance of tasks necessary for the execution of your financing request, to conduct satisfaction surveys, to ensure the delivery of goods and the performance of services and to fight against fraud and more generally any criminally reprehensible activity.
Capitole Finance-Tofinso uses IT services that transfer, process and store information outside of the European Union. Your personal data may be transferred to subcontractors established outside of the European Union. However, contractual guarantees are taken to ensure a sufficient level of protection.
4. How long is your personal data kept?
Personal data relating to current and prospective clients shall not be stored for longer than is strictly necessary for the management of the commercial relationship. However, data used to establish proof of a right or contract are kept in order to comply with a legal obligation and will be kept for the duration provided for by the law in force.
If you have a Customer Area, the personal data entered on the website www.capitole-finance.fr are kept for a period of three (3) years from the date of your last connection. At the end of this period, your Customer Area shall be considered ‘inactive’ and will be automatically deactivated. Similarly, the data collected on the contact forms will be kept for a period of three (3) years from the day of their collection by the controller or the last contact made by the prospective client, unless otherwise provided for by law.
Your personal data in connection with a request for a quote on the site are kept for a period of three (3) years from the time of the online calculation. As soon as your financing file is accepted and activated, your personal data remain accessible from your Customer Area account in order to provide you and us with information concerning your contract.
Finally, personal data relating to your customer file (identity, address, telephone, etc.) may be stored in our operational databases for as long as necessary for the commercial relationship. However, we may keep certain information in our archives for a period of time after the closure of your client account in order to prevent possible illegal behaviour after the deletion of your customer area (reuse of your old client account by a third party, for example) or to respond to your requests after the termination of your contract, etc.
5. What security and confidentiality measures are applied ?
In order to operate certain services and functionalities on the site, Capitole Finance-Tofinso may have to transmit data through its servers and/or those of its partners that may be located outside of the European Union. In any event, we take appropriate measures to maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality and security of your personal data during the transfer and upon receipt.
In particular, we contractually require all subcontractors and service providers to implement all appropriate technical and organisational measures on an ongoing basis to secure personal data and ensure a high level of data protection confidentiality.
6. What are your rights ?
The rights attached to your personal data are as follows:
- you can exercise your right of access to find out the personal data concerning you, namely their nature, origin and intended use
- if your personal data held by Capitole Finance-Tofinso are inaccurate, you may request that the information be updated or completed
- you may request the deletion of personal data held by Capitole Finance-Tofinso in accordance with applicable laws
- you can request the portability of your data as of 25 May 2018
- as the processing is based on consent or a contract, and carried out using automated processes, you have the right to receive the data in a structured format, in a clear, machine-readable and interoperable language, and to transmit them to another controller without Capitole Finance-Tofinso objecting to it
- you have the right to obtain restrictions on processing when you dispute the accuracy of the data, when their processing is unlawful, or when you need them for the establishment, exercise or defence of your rights in court.
In addition, you have the possibility of informing us at any time that you do not want your personal data to be communicated to a third party in the event of death.
In accordance with the Data Protection Directive (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016, you have the opportunity to exercise the rights set out above by letter to the following address:
For the attention of the Data Protection Officer
2839 La Lauragaise - BP 28208
31682 Labège Cedex
Or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to guarantee the confidentiality of the data, a photocopy of an identity document bearing your signature may be requested from you in order to ensure your identity.
Capitole Finance-Tofinso will respond within one month of receipt of the request. If necessary, this period may be extended by two months, depending on the complexity and number of requests at the time. You will then be informed of this extension and the reasons for the postponement within one month of receipt of the request.
You can, at any time, file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority (CNIL: www.cnil.fr).
If you do not wish to be the subject of market research by telephone, you can register free of charge for the telephone solicitation opposition list provided for in Article L223-1 of the Consumer Code directly on the website www.bloctel.gouv.fr/ or by post addressed to: Société Opposetel, Service Bloctel - 6, rue Nicolas Siret - 10 000 Troyes.